Headway East London's range of essential services is reliant on the generosity, dedication and imagination of our supporters.
Do you have one day a week to spare? Are you interested in art/cooking/music/gardening/socialising? Would you like to meet new people in a relaxed and fun environment?
Volunteers are vital to what we do here at Headway House. Working alongside our staff team, you will help to run activities in our Day Service whilst also spending valuable time with our members.
If you’re interested in learning more about brain injury or the complexities of living with a disability this is an excellent opportunity. About a third of our volunteer group have had a brain injury themselves and bring valuable personal experience and understanding to their roles.
What will I do?
As a volunteer you can get involved in a huge range of activities going on at Headway House. From helping in the art studio, to assisting in the kitchen, or taking part in a discussion group – you have the opportunity to support members both one-to-one and in groups.
No special skills or knowledge are required. You’ll receive an induction and support is always on hand. We also hold regular volunteer meetings and training sessions.
Have an interest you’d like to share with us and our members? We’re always open to new ideas, so if you have something you want to try please let us know
Want to find out more? Have a read of our role description below.
How do I apply?
- Read through our Role Description and Recruitment Information documents
- Download and fill out the Volunteers Application Form (Word version)
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Sheryl Buabin, Headway East London, Timber Wharf, 238-240 Kingsland Road, London, E2 8AX
- We’ll be in touch to acknowledge receipt of your form and send some further information.
- If your application fits our criteria you will be invited for a visit and informal interview.
Please note due to the nature of the work, we can only accept volunteers over the age of 18.
This page is intended for people who wish to volunteer at the Headway House. If you wish to offer your professional services, become a trustee please use the contact form.
If you have any queries or concerns we can talk you through the process. Contact Sheryl Buabin on 020 7749 7790 or email email@example.com